ASA Catamaran Fast-Track (ASA 103, 104 & 114)
No of Days: 7 Days, 6 night live aboard (2 meals onboard, 4 nights eat ashore)
Exam: 3 written, 3 practical
Qualification: ASA 103, 104 & 114 certificates
This is the intermediate course you should complete If your goal is to charter a catamaran in exotic locations and enjoy your own sailing vacation. This course builds upon the knowledge you gained when you completed your ASA 101 Basic Keelboat. It is an intensive learning course and we ask that you have completed your course reading before arriving (you can buy your course notes from ASA).
The aim of this course is to enable you to comfortably plan and navigate an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of approximately 30 to 45 feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea condition. The 7 day course is designed to quickly progress students as it is very practical and you will get to experience many different aspects of sailing getting to grips with safely planning your own sailing vacation. It will take you through each of the 3 exams, building your confidence and advancing your sailing skills.
Our professional ASA certified instructors are patient and have a lot of experience, they will teach you ‘the ropes’ in a relaxed and friendly way. From the moment you step aboard you will be encouraged to play an active part on the boat together with the other students.
- please see course outline for ASA 103 here
- please see course outline for ASA104 here
ASA 114 Course
- Catamaran Terminology
- Catamaran Features & Performance
- Catamaran Systems
- Heavy Weather Operation & Emergency Response
- Under Power
- Under Sail
(for more details, please click here )
The ASA Catamaran Cruising course is a practical and professionally run course, comprises of 7 full sailing days and 6 night aboard. You will be sailing during the day around the islands located close to Tortola, and in the evening you will be able to get ashore to sample some Caribbean delights.
This course costs starts from $3,095 There are no hidden fees (there will be a 3% bank charge when paying by credit card); It includes all your tuition, 7 nights accommodation with breakfast ( 6 days) and lunch (7 days) aboard.
The instructor to student ratio will not be more than 1 to 5. Our boats are 6th berth (3 doubles), if you need a private cabin, please talk to us, (there may be a 10% supplement).
Perquisite To Completing The ASA Catamaran Fast-track (103, 104, 114)
- You must have completed your ASA 101 Basic Keelboat (We can run this course for you too, just email us)
- ASA recommends a minimum of 24 on-water sailing hours before undertaking ASA 103.
- We also ask that you order your ASA 103, 104 & 114 course notes before you arrive and the ability to demonstrate competencies in all knowledge and skills elements of those Standards.
WHAT TO PACK
Sailing means living in close quarters so please try to travel light. Please do not bring any hard, big suitcases with wheels that are difficult to store. A backpack or sports/duffel bag would be best.
Some recommendations on what to bring aboard:
- Comfortable airy clothes (t-shirt & shorts advised. Long sleeves if you want to cover up from the sun when stood at the helm)
- Deck or soft shoe
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen/block
- Mosquito spray
- Bathing suit
- Wash kit
- Travel insurance
- (And dollars - ATMs are not always reliable on the island)
Once you have completed this course and have achieved a good level of competence at the end of the week and have passed the written exams, you will receive the ASA certificates 103, 104 & 114. This means you are certified for the following:
Able to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of
- approximately 30 to 45 feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard
- cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions. K
- knowledge of catamaran structure, components and features, performance under sail and power, boat systems, seamanship and safety, heavy weather operation, and emergency response.
If you have any questions please complete the form below or call us on our Toll Free No: 1 (800) 390 7594