ASA 106 ADVANCED COASTAL CRUISING
No of Days: 7 Days, 6 night live aboard (2 meals aboard, 4 ashore)
Price: TBC - based on route and number students aboard
Exam: 1 written, 1 practical
Qualification: ASA 106 certificate
We occasional have down island coastal courses for advanced sailors who are wanting to build on their knowledge, gain more experience and miles. We will teach you to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
PREREQUISITE TO COMPLETING THE ASA 106
- You must have completed your ASA 101 Basic Keelboat, ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising certificate, ASA 104, ASA 105, Coastal Navigation
- You will be able to demonstrate competencies in all knowledge and skills elements of those Standards.
For full ASA 106 Advanced Coastal Cruising syllabus, click here
WHAT TO PACK
Sailing means living in close quarters so please try to travel light. Please do not bring any hard, big suitcases with wheels that are difficult to store. A backpack or sports/duffel bag would be best.
Some recommendations on what to bring aboard:
- Comfortable airy clothes (t-shirt & shorts advised. Long sleeves if you want to cover up from the sun when stood at the helm)
- Deck or soft shoe
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen/block
- Mosquito spray
- Bathing suit
- Wash kit
- Travel insurance
- Your logbook to sign of your sailing miles
- (And dollars - ATMs are not always reliable on the island)
Able to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
If you have any questions please complete the form below or call us on our Toll Free No: 1 (800) 390 7594